Thursday, 12 December 2013

Surveys and Questionnaires

In my previous post I mentioned that it would be a good idea to ask a few people their opinions and general questions about the magazines they purchased if any and what attracted them to that particular genre/specific magazine.

Following this up I drafted some questions I would like to ask with some multi-choice answers.

How old are you?
- 11-13    - 14-16    - 17-19

Are you Male or Female?


What type of music do you generally listen to?
- Rock    - Pop    - Indie    - Rap    - Other(please specify)


Do you tend to purchase music magazines?
- Yes    -No

How often do you buy them?
- Daily    - Weekly    - Monthly    - Every so often    - Never

What was the last music magazine you bought?
- (Name)

Do you read a magazine based on the genre of music it features?
- Yes    - No

What would make you want to buy a magazine?
- Bands/Artists featured    - Freebies    - Information    - Concerts    - FAQ's    - Interviews                       - Other(please state)

What would put you off buying a magazine?
- Uninteresting    - Costly    - Doesn't look appealing    - Lack of content    - Other(please state)


How much would you be willing to pay for a magazine?


Would competitions make you want to buy the magazine?


Is information on concerts of interest to you?


If the magazine could include one thing to make you buy it, what would it be?


Do freebies in a magazine interest you?


Would you expect a poster in a magazine?


Do you like to read the interviews in a magazine?


If yes, what interests you the most about the interviews?


If no, what would make you want to read the interviews in a magazine?


Are the bands and artists included in a magazine a big influence on whether or not you would want to read it?


Ideally I would like to read through this set of questions and pick out the most relevant and add them to an online survey. This way I would only get the information I require to be able to design my magazine to appeal to the target audience and to make them want to read what's inside.


No comments:

Post a Comment